Input through your bank using a bank payment slip
Or Internet transfer or standing order:
UMN Support Trust
Account number: 20399368
Bank code: 77-50-14
Send a Pounds Sterling cheque payable to “UMN Support Trust” to:
UMN Support Trust
97 Eastern Avenue
Please add your name and address and any special instructions.
Mention also if this gift and future gifts will be gift aided, so that we can reclaim the tax.
Local Partner: COSOC, Dhading
Funding Required £12,540
Problem statements identified by COSOC and the community:
- Majority of population is at high risk of water-borne diseases due to poor hygiene and sanitation facilities
- High burden of work on women due to scarcity of natural resources (deforestation, fodder and water availability) mean heavy weights are carried long distances.
- 40% of population at high risk of landslide especially during the monsoons.
- Deforestation has increased the instability of the slopes and reduced the availability of fuel for cooking.
- The low income rate / food sufficiency (9 month availability on average)
- Raise community awareness through training, seminar, meetings, demonstrations of environment protection, health and hygiene
- Develop the capacity of community-based groups
- Mobilise child clubs and the community-based groups to encourage change
- Maintain and continue to install Improved Cooking Stoves (reduce wood consumption and vent smoke to the outside of houses.)
- Install small Biogas Plants to convert organic waste to gas for cooking. .
- Add tree and shrub plantation areas to provide localised fodder and wood for cooking, and to stabilise slopes.
- Provide practical education on hygiene, food habits and sanitation.
1608 households with a population of 6835, of which 2550 are children under the age of 18, 1140 Dalits (low caste people) and 41 with disabilities.
Two sites are models for bio-engineering work. 80% of the group members will be able to explain the importance of hygiene and sanitation Communicable disease will be reduced by 40%.