Input through your bank using a bank payment slip
Or Internet transfer or standing order:
UMN Support Trust
Account number: 20399368
Bank code: 77-50-14
Send a Pounds Sterling cheque payable to “UMN Support Trust” to:
UMN Support Trust
97 Eastern Avenue
Please add your name and address and any special instructions.
Mention also if this gift and future gifts will be gift aided, so that we can reclaim the tax.
Local Partner: DHS, Bajhang
Funding Required: £14,330
Problem statements identified by DHS and the community:
- Social discrimination against women, minorities and marginalised people
- Low income generating opportunities for marginalised community
- Low access to new agriculture technologies and appropriate improved seeds
- Low access to water irrigation and to irrigation technical solutions
- Traditional food habits dictating crop choice and cropping cycles
- Problem in marketing agricultural product
- Organise and train women and other marginalised people in groups.
- Support and train people to start micro-enterprises
- Introduce and promote new low-cost efficient irrigation technologies
- Improve and promote the traditional knowledge and skills of farmers.
- Assist with market assessments and access
506 households, of which 74 are Dalit (low caste) families. The total direct beneficiary population is 2500, of which 255 are children under the age of 18
At least 450 poor and marginalised farmers, especially women, will organise themselves into functioning groups capable of generating and mobilising local financial resources. A total of NPR 75,000 (£555) will be generated in savings by group members. Food security of at least 35% of the project beneficiaries will increase by 3 months. At least 60 families will experience increased annual income of NRP 9,000 (£67) by the end of a year.
Click here to read story ‘Changing life’.